The Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology (India) organized an international summit on the role of women in STEM- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) in New Delhi.
- Its aim is to promote their participation in STEM fields to make women careers in science.
- Theme: The theme of this summit is Visualizing the Future: New Skylines.
STEM- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- The aim of this summit was to introduce successful women in the field of STEM, including scientists, doctors, engineers, and award-winning women.
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics): This is a curriculum based on educating students in 4 specific subjects (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics).
- The education provided under a strong STEM creates critical thinkers, problem-solvers and next-generation innovators.
- India is one of the countries with the highest number of scientists and engineers.
- Significantly, the development of STEM has increased significantly in the last few years.
- According to the National Science Foundation, 80% of jobs will require math and science skills in the coming years.
- Despite being a high-quality talent in India, the exam-focused education model has led to innovation, problem solving and creativity in a few students.
- It is the duty of every citizen of India under Article 51A in the Constitution of India to develop with a scientific outlook, humanism and a sense of learning and reform.